Buckland Logo
RM of Buckland No. 491

Bylaws, Policies & Permits

Published on

Bylaws, Policies & Permits

If you have a concern to raise with the Municipality, contact your Division Councillor. In order for our Bylaw Enforcement Officer to act on a complaint, you must complete a Complaint Form including your name, address and phone number. This information will be kept confidential, except as required by law. Once a complaint form has been received by Administration, it is passed on to the appropriate enforcement personnel.

Most Frequently Required Bylaws & Policies

Please note that not all municipal bylaws are posted on this web site, however; every effort is made to increase public accessibility to current bylaws and to respond to specific bylaw requests.

The bylaws on this website are provided as a reference only, for official bylaw information, please contact the RM of Buckland No. 491 Administration Office at rm491@sasktel.net.

Forest Scene
Photo: Dr. Hamilton Greenwood

Most Frequently Required Permits and Information

  • Building Construction & Demolition – Contact PADPC
  • Dog and Kennel Licensing
  • Burn Notification Numbers – Fire Base 306-953-3422
  • Signs – Contact PADPC
  • Overweight Permits – Contact RM Office for Current Restrictions

Please note that the RM of Buckland No. 491 is policed by the RCMP.

The RM has hired a Community Safety Officer (CSO)  to enforce our local bylaws as well as some provincial traffic enforcement within the municipality. You may see the truck and officer driving around the area while serving our community. 

Additional resources include a Building Inspector, Pest Control Officer and Weed Inspector.

Other Provincial and Federal Regulatory Agencies include Saskatchewan Public Health, Saskatchewan Environment, Oceans and Fisheries and Water Security Agency.