Fire Chief: Garry Schrader
Deputy Fire Chief: Barry McLeod
Battalion Chief: George Shand
Lieutenant: Travis Turcotte
Captains: Lanette Ernst, George Bihune, Shaun Stewart
- Chris Shynkaruk, Chiarman
- Leonard Youngwirth
- Connie Bradburn
- Debbie Mathers
- Ken Litwin
- Keray Wenzal
- Dave Hudak
- Kelly Giles
- Orest Romanchuk
- Darren Strange
- Ron Hrynenko
- Don Fabrick
- Tammy Shynkaruk, Secretary/Treasurer
Call Before You Burn:
- Call 306-922- FIRE (306-922-3473) if you are planning a controlled burn.
- If you do not notify dispatch and Buckland Fire & Rescue is called to your property you will be charged for the call, whether you are a member or not.
If your fire will be more than 1m in diameter a BURN NOTIFICATION NUMBER IS REQUIRED from Sask Environment to burn within 4.5km of the Provincial Forest from April 1 to October 31.
Please call 306-953-3422 for more info.
Prince Albert, SK. S6V 5R3
Controlled Burn: 306-922-3473(FIRE)
Type of Department:
- Volunteer, co-operative, non-profit, charitable organization
- Partner in North Central Mutual Aid Association
- We have approx. 25 volunteer firefighters who have access to a P-25 radio to respond if possible.
- All firefighters & rescue units are equipped with a P-25 radio.
- Vehicle Rescue (Extrication)
- TRAP (Technical Rescue Advanced Personnel)
- Trench Rescue – online
- Resources for – High Angle, Confined Space & Water Rescue
- Preparations and resources for – Search & Rescue and Urban Search & Rescue
- 3 engines, 4 tanker units, 1 semi tanker unit and 2 rescue units
- 3 Technical Rescue Trailers, housing specialized rescue equipment
- 3 Units with Highway Rescue Capabilities
- Buckland Fire & Rescue operates as a co-operative
- Members pay a one time share. This membership share is $30 for residential properties and $50 for commercial properties. A yearly levy is then applied to members to support operational costs.
- $30.00 Residential
- $50.00 Commercial
- If you have more than one residential dwelling on a property you need to purchase a membership share for every household on that property.
- For those who choose not to become a member of our department or who do not pay their annual levy, or fail to report a controlled burn, our rates are as follow:
- $800.00/truck/hr. (includes two men)
- $45.00/extra man/hr.