Dogs must be licensed and kept under the control of their owners at all times. The Dog Control Bylaw is currently under revision. In the meantime, please contact your division councillor for any dog related issues. Please be a responsible pet owner!
Stray or lost dogs found in the RM can be taken to the Prince Albert SPCA provided they have the capacity. To check their capacity or if you have any questions contact them at 306-763-6110.
DOG LICENSING AND CONTROL
Bylaw 6 of 2017
- All dogs shall be licensed
- All dogs shall be confined on owner’s property or be under their control at all times.
- License Fees are:
- Dogs found running at large, licensed or unlicensed shall be impounded.
Pound fees are as follows within a 12-month period.
- For licensed dogs:
- $100 first impounding plus a $25/day pound fee
- $200 for second impounding plus a $25/day pound fee
- The dog shall be destroyed on the third impounding within a 12-month period
- For unlicensed dogs: All fees are doubled.